Roof Inspection & Roof Certification
Citizen insurance now requires Roof Condition Certification inspections or proof of roof replacement upon renewal for homes of certain ages. All roofs must be in good condition with no damage or visible signs of leaks to be eligible for coverage with Citizens. In addition, specific age of roof requirements have been implemented.
South Florida Home Inspection Services
Marvelous Home Inspections
Providing Quality Inspections, With You In Mind
5 Star Reviews! Call Now!
Age of Roof Requirements: Homes over 25 years old with a shingle roof, homes over 50 years old with any other type of roof and mobile homes over 25 years old must have the roof replaced to be eligible for coverage.
Here are 7 items that the inspector will look at:
- What building code the home was built under
- The type and age of the roof covering
- How the roof sheathing is attached to the trusses
- How the trusses are attached to the walls
- The geometry of the roof
- If a Secondary Water Resistance is applied to the roof
- What form of wind borne debris protection installed on the structure (shutters & garage door)